Re: LF: Re: Keeping the smoke in

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Keeping the smoke in
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 00:54:59 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 01:03:50 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Warren, an excursion to high temperature should not affect the ferrite as
this is sintered at quite high temperatures to make the ring. What might
suffer is the epoxy (usually) coating which may burn up and created a lossy
shorted turn (guess, I have no experience of this) A quick solution might be
to bung it in a beaker of cooking oil !! That will act as insulation as well
!!
Just think you could be the first station with an oil cooled antenna
transformer !!

Cheers de Alan G3NYK