LF: Re: ferrite rods

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: ferrite rods
From: "Tracey Gardner" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:06:23 -0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 11:07:02 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Take a look at the Long Wave Club of America's web site and try their message board.. ISTR that one of their members built a monster ferrite rod antenna some years ago,

http://www.lwca.org/

73s Tracey

I have been thinking about trying to make them into one larger antenna rod
for receiving only.

Would I get any advantage over a normal short single rod, or do the
advantages from one aspect get cancelled out by other aspects. I'm sure
this must have been tried out before any advice would be appreciated.