LF: ferrite rods

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: ferrite rods
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 04:32:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 09:37:26 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

I have a pile of ferrite rods that I have rescued from radios over the
years.

I have been thinking about trying to make them into one larger antenna rod
for receiving only.

Would I get any advantage over a normal short single rod, or do the
advantages from one aspect get cancelled out by other aspects. I'm sure
this must have been tried out before any advice would be appreciated.

If I was to put them into an overlapping bundle  should the separate bars
be a)in physical contact with each other
b) completely isolated from each other
c) if glued together is there a specific "glue" that should be used

happy new year to all on list regards
peter  G8AFN

http://mail2web.com/ .