LF: Re: Re: Re: Current Transformers (off topic, but expertise probably

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Re: Current Transformers (off topic, but expertise probably here)
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:49:03 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:57:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Yes its possible that wall-warts are designed differently to chassis
mounting door-stops of the 1950s. I suppose the "no load" current is vital
to keeping the current down, and the cores are usually pretty minimal for
the declared current rating. I must admit I have not personally had one
catch fire yet. Ok the 5 turns looks right....I could not understand the 0.3
from one.

Alan