LF: LF Tx & antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF Tx & antenna
From: "Gary - G4WGT" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:02:33 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:05:01 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Scott & LF,

Scott VE7TIL wrote :-

"I found link coupling does jut that here so when it rains or snows the
power drops off
and SWR failures don't happen..."

Thanks for your comments & those from others who have kindly responded with
very valid words of wisdom etc. I am as a matter of course going to check
all the areas suggested for any weakness.

As I have personally tried ferrite matching transformer feed to the LF coil
(monitor line output transformer core) which got quite warm & did not allow
me to make advances in antenna current beyond a certain point although I
could increase PA power. I am currently using a grounded coil tapped up for
correct match & able to increase antenna current to my best figure of 2.4A
with 408 watts ( it did reach 2.6A with 504 watts & PA failed of course). So
I would now like to try link coupling to the loading coil, will you Scott
advise me of your preferred method & any calculations I may need to carry
out.

It would also be interesting to know what the preferred feed methods of
other LF operators, please let me know.

This all takes me back to the real radio days of the 60's (I was into 144MHz
& 432MHz then) when we had to build out own or modify military gear, those
were the days I got most out of the hobby as now with LF that I am enjoying
radio again despite these setbacks.

Thanks again for all the help & advice.

Regards,

Gary - G4WGT - IO83qp