LF: Re: RE: G0MRF 300w Tx PA mods

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: G0MRF 300w Tx PA mods
From: "Scott Tilley" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 13:57:26 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 21:55:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Gary

Usually core saturation will cause the over current protection to trip and
save the finals...  I figure you have an SWR problem...  I haven't had time
to read the thread forming but that seems like to cause of concern...  I
have run my variant of the G0MRF amp at over 600W in the 41V region for
months at a time with no problems until the SWR went crazy... ZAPP! and off
to the bench you'll go...  If you can use an SWR protection circuit or a
coupling does jut that here so when it rains or snows the power drops off
and SWR failures don't happen...

Scott