LF: Re: DCF39

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: DCF39
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 11:08:29 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Mike and Laurie, It will be interesting to see what happens on your sked.
This is probably the best time of year for that path. however the condition
look to have taken a downward swing again. Brian's daytime level have swung
up about 6dB again, though the nightime levels on his path were not too
badly affected last night. Steve W3EEE's plot of DCF39 shows signals barely
above the noise. The fast response to the recent disturbance is due to
Steve's path to Magdeburg being through the edge of the auroral zone I
think. I fear that the UK <> ZL path will need to be via one of the poles,
but we shall see......this propagation lark is rather like weather
forecasting....there is a big opportunity for finishing up with an eggy
face.

Good Luck both
Cheers de Alan G3NYK