Re: LF: Coil Winding2, de VY1JA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Coil Winding2, de VY1JA
From: "J. Allen" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:52:05 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mike, Alex and LF,

I agree that spending my time on the antenna and ground would produce a more dramatic improvement, but it is winter in Yukon, and -30 outside.... I am trying to get my initial signal on the air with the existing HF tower and V-Beam antenna as an inverted L on 137, with a borrowed 200 W transmitter.

In the spring, there is enuf material to put in a relatively good grounding system, improve the existing inverted L antenna and even install a loop to compare the inverted L with.

That is why my request for information on winding a honeycomb loading coil is not a rush item.

For now, I want to make the coil and do the rest of the station setup in a manner which balances performance with setup speed.

The wire is #17 and measures 16 conductors close spaced in 2 cm. I know that this is a little bigger than the ARRL handbook, but it may be due to the thin layer of Formvar insulation on the wire.

J.