Re: LF: Horizontally polarised radiation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Horizontally polarised radiation
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:16:46 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello group,

It is an "idée fixe" that a horizontal wire must radiate a horizontal polarized EM-wave.
A nice example of a mechanical horizontal construction that radiates a vertical polarized signal is the DDRR antenna.
So a large horizontal topload close to ground will in most cases improve the antenna efficiency (reduce the loss resistance ... footprint theory) but the radiated signal will be nevertheless mainly vertical polarized.

73, Rik  ON7YD