Re: LF: sub664.pdf (application/pdf Object)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: sub664.pdf (application/pdf Object)
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:45:44 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
On 23 Dec 2003 at 17:34, Stewart Bryant wrote:

I know that a number of members of this group contributed
to the IEE policy submission on PLT, but I have not
seen a pointer to the final result posted here yet:

<http://www.iee.org/policy/submissions/sub664.pdf>

Thanks for supplying the link. Quite an impressive document and I am pleased that my own submission (R21) is very much on the same lines as the majority. A lot of familiar names and callsigns there. The views of the proponents seem to be very much in the minority. It is not perhaps fair to comment, but I feel they have failed to convince me of their enthusiasm..

IEE members who are also members of this list might
be interested in the spectrum trading submission in
progress (S678) at

http://www.iee.org/Policy/Submissions/current.cfm

My view is that trading is as great a threat to the
upper spectrum, as PLT is to the lower, and needs to
be defended with the same vigor as is being applied
to the PLT defense.

Except that the supplied link for more details on the Ofcom site doesn't work, presumably Ofcom is still in a time of move.

73 Dave G3YMC

[email protected]
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant