LF: Re: insulators

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: insulators
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:15:41 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Eric I am not sure about dacron.....but it might not be the conduction
through the water laden "rope" it might be that you have a corona problem.
At that power level its like playing a small flame on the support structure,
then once there is a bit of carbonisation its all "downhill". Do you have
circular "corona rings" at every wire end and sharp bend?? I think this will
help a lot. The guys here have used all sorts of plastic off-cuts for
insulators....down to old tooth brush handles (!!) at 600W or so. Any
plastic can carbonise but its a lot lighter than pyrex or ceramic

Cheers de ALan G3NYK
[email protected]