RE: LF: Related Technical Query - Soundcard calibrator

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Related Technical Query - Soundcard calibrator
From: "Andy talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:52:38 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
OK, Thanks to all for replies on the noise generator calculations. I'm now quite convinced its a simple SQRT(2*BW / Fclock) power division from the total calculated from peak waveform voltage. The lack of any PI seems obvious now, provided both clock and bandwidth are specified in the same units.

Now need to just make up a 32 bit shift register clocked at 4MHz for a PRN sequence that generates spectral lines 0.93mHz apart (17.9 minutes repeat interval) - enough for most LF modes used - so far.

BTW, I found a web page listing ALL the shift register taps for maximal length sequences up to 32 stages. If anyone is interested it is http://homepage.mac.com/afj/taplist.html

Andy  G4JNT