Re: LF: Re: re EWE aerials

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: re EWE aerials
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:32:04 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan Melia schrieb:

substantial signal on my counterpoise wire when I use it
as an aerial.

Hi Alan,

I have made some experiments with a counterpoise wire (abt 350m long).
it is vy interesting doing so. coincidence had it that a wire of the radial system (5 x 80m plus 1 x 100m grounded wires starshape central connected with each other) came in contact with the terminal of the counterpoise wire and coincidental I removed it whilst key down (abt.100W from TX): the arc was 5cm long and was 1mm in diameter.
that`s an other proof of the counterpoise beeing aeriallike.

but knowing that I have to search for the amps travelling back from the very aerial es from the counterpoise to the TX output.

regards

Uwe/dj8wx