LF: Re: Re: TA 11 March

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: TA 11 March
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 10:41:02 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike,

These are by far the strongest stations you are likely to see.

Agreed. One of the things that's troubling us over here is our likely 100
watt transmitter output limitation. It would be comforting to see some of
the "smaller" EU signals, to give us some hope! Most of the U.S. guys that
post here regularly would be happy to look for the weaker signals, but we
need some clue as to where and when they'll be. I do believe that I copied
you last winter, and I recall a couple of nights where there were
significantly more stations visible.

The emphasis lately has been on the pre-sunrise (U.K.) path, which may be a
little kinder for those who have to work for a living. The signal levels
have certainly been better than in the 0000 - 0300 range.

And time is not our friend here, as Dex is already reporting the springtime
noise increase that works its way from south to north.

John Andrews, W1TAG