LF: Re: RE: The leT/A of the law

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: The leT/A of the law
From: "Hugh" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 21:23:43 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy, and group.

Andy, G4JNT, wrote:
If you are in the house it is attended operation.
OK, but it doesn't feel like I'm tending my station when I'm fast asleep !

Personal beacons are intended for reception by radio amateurs and are not
classed as broadcast type signals.  Look at your BR68.
Er, yes I have actually, and I see paragraph (or is it a sub-clause) 2(4)
and I see that there are certain frequency bands where we are allowed to
operate such a beacon, and 136kHz is not among them.
I also see 1(7) where is says ... shall not send messages... for general
reception by licenced amateurs other that:
(a) initial calls;
(b) groups, as long as communication is first established with one amateur
in the group.
(c) in a "net"
(d) via a mailbox or bulletin board.

I don't think that the sort of transmission used for T/A contacts, e.g.
transmitting WYE over and over again is covered by this.
But, please ... if I'm missing something ... quote me a paragraph number to
go and look at.

was to incorporate a fast CW ident into every dot period.
Now that is a clever idea. I will look at incorporating that in my own
keying software.

- "Rules are for the guidance of wise men and for blind observance by
fools" -
I will try that maxim on the man from the Radiocommunications Authority if
he comes to inspect my station !

Andy  G4JNT (still lurking on this reflector but lost interest in
operating LF)
I know, I've read all about it on your web site.
But, thanks for taking the trouble to answer my posting, much appreciated.

73
Hugh M0WYE