Re: LF: UA9OC-M0BMU

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UA9OC-M0BMU
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:43:20 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Very pleased to have a QSO with UA9OC last night. I saw only intermittent bits of signal until about 2230, but then UA9OC was very clear "O" copy up until midnight. Although they were using QRSS30, QRSS3 would probably have been readable here. Much to my surprise, they saw my signal too, and gave me an "M" report. Power here was ~1W ERP from 13m high inverted V, and for receive I was using a 2m x 2m "wide-band" loop (see the bandpass loops article downloadable from G3YXM's "features" page).

From this experience, and also ZL2CA's reception of UA9OC earlier in the week, It would appear the path to UA9 can change rapidly, so definitely worth watching out for the remaining days of the expedition. This is my most distant (and slowest!) 2 way LF QSO so far - the distance is similar to UK - VE.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU