LF: UA9OC

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: UA9OC
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 10:01:03 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All
Does anyone have the lat/long or grid ref for UA9OC so that I can work out the distance. He has been a strong signal with me yesterday evening at 1858/1902 and 1958/2006.
I was using QRS 3 setting so getting long elements because of his slower speed.
Lots of other acty as well around the freq of 137.7 khz all very strong and especially OH5UFO who called CQ most of the evening almost wiping the others out, he was so strong that he was blurring the screen hi. In spite of all the activity I did not observe any actual QSO'S taking place at my listening/watching times. Although the transmitted signals were excellent and well received at my QTH, there could be a problem of receiving at some locations, never seen so many consistant CQ'S from so many all at once all evening hi

The antenna in use last evening was my 90 metre perimiter vert loop, parallel resonated for 137 khz fed into a Decca preamp and a IC706 receiver. This system is so sensitive that I have to use attenuation at times between preamp and RX and use mimimum gain setting on ARGO. There is no overload. intermod etc just bags of controlled gain.
The loop is firing E/W- max gain for LF
When using the W/G Level meter as a RX the preamp is not used and yeilds about the same results.
My transmitting vertical system  is superior without any preamp on Rx and normally used for both TX/RX and the loop is just a backup and experimental antenna.

73 de Mal/G3KEV/IO94SH