Re: LF: UA9OC-M0BMU

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: UA9OC-M0BMU
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 16:29:31 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Jim, Congratulations, I can confirm that the signal here from Ed, whilst
detectable since the beginning of his expedition, has not been as strong as
when you called him last night. Steve's DCF plots, prior to him having to
close for local storms, have recently shown nights where conditions have
been generally poor but where there has been an odd peak of good strength.
These where initially quite short, but it seems as though you got at least
an hour.

These conditions should persist for tonight, and possibly Sunday, but by
Monday we should definitely be seeing the effect of Friday's Geomagnetic
storm. I expect the effects of that, which will probably wipe out T/A
conditions, to take about 10 days to decay. Hopefully daytime levels over
1000-2000 kms will be enhanced.

Well done
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]

Very pleased to have a QSO with UA9OC last night.