RE: LF: RE: Good News and bad news from GM

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: RE: Good News and bad news from GM
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:53:03 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi, Bill and Group.

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Ashlock,William wrote:

>IMHO ground loss itself and enviroment loss yelds opposite effects.
>Whan it is rain ground loss became less while enviroment loss (by trees
>mainly) became more. Thus current improved when trees but not ground
>dries... Is it much trees arround Your antenna, Bill?

Very solidly populated with trees at this location but I have reports from
others that experience  increased loss with increased ground moisture having
no trees. This demands further investigation!

Besides it is worth if it is loop or Marconi antenna. For loop seems dry
soil should be good. For the Marconi dry soil should be bad. And for
both antennas it should be good if trees are dry.

What I have wrote in previous letter is for marconi.

But any way all of this is speculations only. It requres comprehensive
experimental investigation realy.
73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb