Re: LF: W-G SPM-19 trouble

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: W-G SPM-19 trouble
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:14:28 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Dex,

There are only 2 frequency conversions in the SPM19 - one to the 40MHz first IF (which is what the 40-65MHz LO signal does), and the second to the 10kHz final IF. You could include a third conversion to get the demod audio out at 2kHz as I recall - but I don't think you could be using the audio output for level measurement because it has permanently-on AGC. So I guess the problem you have must lie in the 40MHz to 10kHz conversion oscillator

I have the circuit diagrams for the SPM19, so I will take a look and can send the relevant diagrams if neccessary. BTW, when you say the frequency is wrong by 1.792kHz, how are you measuring this? is it high or low? One of the manuals also contains a list of error messages, but they usually are not very helpful - 100 ways to tell you it isn't working!

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU