Re: LF: W-G SPM-19 trouble

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: W-G SPM-19 trouble
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:35:36 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Matti,

Just to save Jim the time to look up that error code again here below is
what he sent when I was working on my unit.  Also some test codes from
Tracey.

Dex

Matti Niemela wrote:

Thank you very much Jim for SPM-19 input impedance info.
Sometimes I get error message 1--202, which disappears when I change
attenuator´s value. Could you please check whether the manual can tell
something about that error code.

James Moritz wrote:
Error 1-002 means that the auto-calibration signal level is too high
in the wideband detector.

Tracey Gardner wrote:

Depress the following buttons

MEM    9003    RCL

If the test is successful, the message 1----- appears on the frequency
display.
The meter can then be switched back from the test program by pressing MEM.

In the case of a fault, an error number (eg 1--003) appears, these error
numbers are explained in Table 6-2
Let me know what error code you get and I'll look it up in the table.
1--002 says that the level at the wideband detector is too high, possible
faults, failure of one or more modules between calibration mixer and
wideband detector.

According to the handbook, in analogue mode, an SSB demodulator permits
conversion to a centre frequency of 2kHz when the meter is tuned to the
input signal.