LF: Power Cuts / Jason tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Power Cuts / Jason tonight
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 12:45:42 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

I was half way through having a QRSS QSO with F5MAF this morning (signals from DK1IS and I5TGC were also visible) when suddenly all the power went off, and I was left with a depressing silence. The power company say supplies will be restored this afternoon at some stage. My apologies to Marc, hope we can work each other again soon.

Looking at http://www.lightningstorm.com/ls2/gpg/lex1/mapdisplay_free.jsp it seems that the thunderstorms in the US have finally died out for the time being, so I will run the Jason beacon again tonight, in the hope of catching some long-distance propagation before the ionosphere goes on strike (and assuming there is some electricity available by then!). I hope to run the beacon from 2200 - 0300 utc, and frequency will be 137.500kHz again. Any reports will be very welcome.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU