RE: LF: Improving activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Improving activity
From: "Claudio Pozzi" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 17:37:29 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: <[email protected]>

On 05-Oct-02 mike.dennison wrote:
Over the last few years there have been several discussions on how to
increase activity on 136kHz and 73kHz.

SNIP

It is necessary to generate local activity so that new listeners have
something strong to hear, and DX activity so that experienced operators have
something interesting to work. It is also important to activate 73kHz in its
final year.

Hi LF group.

I'm just be back from hamfest in Novegro, near Milano.

At our ARI - Milano stand we have a receiving station for 136 kHz. The beacon
of IK2DED was clearly seen with a little loop antenna 2 meters over the ground
inside the yard.

Many visitors don't beleved that it's possible to see some signals also with
poor antenna. The major difficulty, they said, is that in Italy is very
difficult to see sone signals.

Local signals can help a lot the newcomers.

TNX Giulio for your beacon, i hope that some visitor in near future become a
new member of LF group.

73 de Claudio, IK2PII

Claudio Pozzi       http://www.qsl.net/ik2pii       happy Linux user
E-Mail: Claudio Pozzi <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Date: 05-Oct-02   Time: 17:23:14
This message was sent by XFMail