Re: LF: Improving activity

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Improving activity
From: [email protected]
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 10:52:29 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 10/5/02 12:15:42 PM GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

It is necessary to generate local activity so that new listeners have
something strong to hear, and DX activity so that experienced operators have
something interesting to work. It is also important to activate 73kHz in its
final year.

I suggest the following for the 2002-2003 winter season:

1) One day / weekend each month to be devoted to crossband with HF

Hello Mike / group.

Given that most newcomers would probably listen to the bands first before committing time and effort to constructing equipment, then I think activity days and working crossband is an excellent idea.

It should be quite easy to publicise something like 'last Sunday in the month' etc. together with an idea of times. It's just a question for LF op's to circle the dates on their calendars and remember to come on and listen on HF if that's possible.

Great idea.

I understand that the RSGB have tentatively scheduled a 136kHz TX design for publication in the Jan / Feb issue of Rad Com.
It maybe that a 'chunk' of Rad Com covering an LF topic will encourage more readers  to Dave's (G3YXM) LF column. - A good opportunity to publicise activity days.

Hope to see you all next weekend for HF convention at Windsor where the LF demo station will be in action once again.

73

David  G0MRF        www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk