LF: Re: 136 beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 136 beacon
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 12:45:51 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

Yesterday evening and this morning I'm getting a keyed beacon at about
136kHz, just below the level wher my ears or the computer can decode it.
Can
someone tell me what it is, or is it a phantom?
Steve

If the frequency is very close to 136.0kHz, this is something that has
fooled many of us into trying for hours to read the 'Morse'. It is probably
the result of a mix between several other stations (outside your Rx) and is
a series of tones of different strength (hence it sounds like CW) and
slightly different frequencies.

Mike, G3XDV
http://www.lf.thersgb.net