Re: LF: Guy ropes

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Guy ropes
From: "K.Versteeg" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 12:0:29 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 10/27/02 9:36:00 AM, you wrote:
Yet again the wind has taken my LF aerial down.  It's always the same way
with polypropolene rope just not strong enough, either loosing its strength
though UV exposure or in last night's case sheer lack of tensile strength.

Any suggestions as to a stronger guy rope - the rope goes up though a tree
and over the fine branches at the top of the tree.  Thus, there is a fair
degree of movement at times.

73 John, G3WKL

John,
I use Transparent mowing cord the farmers use to cutt grass,
it came on a roll and was available in sizes from 1 to 5 mm, length was 30
meters.
For home use i guess the orange type of cord is standard..

I have used it for the 160Meter sloper and the 80 Meter vertical
and the elevated counterpoises for the 3 bander for the last 2 years
with breaking anything, though i am not sure what happens if one transmits..

73 Ko Versteeg, NL9222 [SWL] [Grid: JO22KE - Lat: 52° 12' 15.0"N Long: 04° 51' 40.5"E] Home of: Digital and Visual Amateur Radio Software http://home.wanadoo.nl/nl9222/index.htm