LF: Re: Re: Limiter in Jason reception

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: Limiter in Jason reception
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:00:43 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alberto, et al:

I was running Jason with the Hendrixizer this afternoon, and noticed that I was getting perfect copy despite a lot of static crashes. I restarted the program with the Hendrix mode OFF, and turned it back ON where the red "X" appears on the screen shot.

This is a recording made of my  Lowfer beacon (1watt DC input) at a distance of 200 kM, in the late afternoon. I have been getting perfect copy during the daylight hours each day this week, as long as the Hendrix mode was enabled. My receiver's AGC is off, and the louder static crashes are clipping in the receiver.

So the extra processing, however done, appears to be worth it.

John Andrews, W1TAG

JPEG image