LF: Re: Limiter in Jason reception

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Limiter in Jason reception
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:29:00 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
John, Jim, Wolf and in general all those who reported on the Hendrix mode,

 thanks for your reports and suggestions. I have implemented a hard
limiter similar in function to what John Andrews does with Cool Edit.
You can select it, or the hendrixizer, but not both.
You can select none, of course.

If you want to test it, a new (V0.95a) version of Jason can be found here :
http://www.weaksignals.com/bin/jaspak_v095a_test.exe
or in this alternate server (sometimes faster...) :
http://www.i2phd.com/bin/jaspak_v095a_test.exe

From the very simple tests I have done, with AWGN noise neither the
hendrixizer nor the hard-clipper seem to bring advantages.
With impulsive noise the story is different, but I don't have at the moment
the opportunity to perform tests in this condition.

A final note : the hard-clipper is activated with Ctrl-C, the hendrizixer with
Ctrl-H. Or you can use the Options menu.
When you activate one, the other is automatically switched off.

As usual, all reports are welcomed.

73  Alberto  I2PHD