Re: LF: First QSO on 136KHz with Spain

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: First QSO on 136KHz with Spain
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:39:54 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Brian and Jose,

Congrats for another crosspoint in "The LF Matrix" ! A tough job transmitting slow CW by hand - I also tried that once, having no connection cable between LF rig and the notebook, so using the microphone for the waterfall display (after telling the fellows to be quiet) and a straight key for transmitting...

If you like, I can implement a slow-CW-transmit mode in my QRP-Keyer (which draws a few microamps from a 2.4 V supply). The firmware has just been modified to run on a PIC16F628 so enough program memory left for new functions. More info on my website at www.qsl.net/dl4yhf . A "QRSS replay mode" for the message memories can easily be implemented so you don't need the PC for TX.

Regards,
Wolf DL4YHF