Re: LF: still more loop inductance formulas

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: still more loop inductance formulas
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 23:47:10 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hello, Ric.

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Rik Strobbe wrote:
But after some 'playing' with simulation software and calcuations it turned
out that there might be a more accurate and simpler formula to calculate
the inductance of a big loop :

L = 0.8*B*(ln(A/d)+6.82)
where L = loop inductance in uH, A = loop height in m, B = loop length in m
and d = wire diamater in mm

At first sight there seems no (practical) limits to the A/B ratio.

By integrating magnetic field of wires I have derived formula for
rectangular loop. It seems bit complex, but there is no limits to A/B
indeed. After some test  (I want to derive it again to avoid mistakes)
I'll sent it to Your.

73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb