Re: LF: SPM-x

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SPM-x
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:07:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 01:38 AM 06/04/2002 +0200, you wrote:
Hi all,

does it make sense for a lowfer-freak  buying a SPM-6 with
PS-6 from W&G (6kHz - 18.6MHz)?

Dear Uwe, LF Group,

I have the SPM-6 and PS6 - I do not use the SPM-6 much as a receiver for the reason given by Alberto, plus the 2kHz BFO offset, but the pair of units are extremely useful for measuring frequency response and noise levels of amplifiers and filters and so on, for which I use them a lot. The SPM-6 can operate from batteries, which would be useful for field strength measurement. The signal level can be measured over a range of >120dB with an accuracy of a fraction of 1dB. Although it is not synthesised, the frequency can be set within 100Hz anywhere in the range using the mechanical counter dial and the internal calibrator.

I would certainly buy both units - the PS-6 can be connected to the SPM-6 to provide tracking generator function, which makes the combination more versatile. I paid about 70 GB pounds a few years ago for both units together with a set of manuals.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU