Re: LF: SPM-x

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SPM-x
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:18:48 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
jannsen wrote:

Hi all,

does it make sense for a lowfer-freak  buying a SPM-6 with
PS-6 from W&G (6kHz - 18.6MHz)?

Uwe,
    I have one SPM-6 (without the PS-6 tracking gen...).
It is a nice instrument, I use it a lot to measure (together with a
surplus URM-25D generator) the response of filters, toroids,
etc.

For LF reception, it has a major drawback : the LO is not
synthesized, so the stability is not what it would be needed for
QRSS, especially the slowest ones.

If you can find it for a very good price, I suggest to buy it as a
measuring instrument, not as a receiver...
Usually it can be found (at least in Italy, at hamfests) for prices ranging
around 100 euro.

73  Alberto  I2PHD