LF: RU6/G QSO

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RU6/G QSO
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 12:51:21 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Ed and friends, LF Group,.

Thanks to the RU6LWZ expedition for the QSO Saturday night/Sunday morning between about 0000 and 0100z - I imagine this must be the first UK - Russia contact. My QTH is located at IO91VR, a distance of about 2800km to KN97LN. I also watched earlier QSOs with OH5UFO and IK5ZPV.

Conditions were not as good as the previous week - I think RU6LA was about 10dB down, but still audible at times. There was frequent QSB, so while the first 2 overs from RU6LA were "O" copy, the final over was only M - T, although signals picked up again later. Other signals on the band also seemed to be down on usual.

I hope Ed and the group will be QRV again soon - If conditions are as good again as they were the first time, I'm sure many 2 way QSOs will be possible.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU