LF: Re: 1 Rus LF DX-pedition #3 (long)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 1 Rus LF DX-pedition #3 (long)
From: "Giulio Scaroni" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 06:28:08 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Ed wrote:

Hello LF Group!

As has already received msg-accusations that I used forbidden KWs,
at  once  I  want  to  inform,  that  my PA (simple modified old lamp
PA type U-100 with 3x russian 6R3S Ua=550V - Ia~160..200mA in B1 class)
gave on an output resolved in Russia(100w output) 60-80 w - no more!
All business in very effective LF antenna! I think...

Yes, is not important the output of the transmitter, but the efficiency of
the TX antenna, also i use 100 W with my tower long 80 meters, with a single
wire slooping down from the top, and with this antenna my signal is strong
in all Europe, so i think that someone may calculate the ERP of your
sistem!!

Internet   is  not  present,  cellular  practically  does  not  work,
DX-cluster via PR is bad, unique reliable connection through Pager and
160/80m/VHF

The good idea in this situation is to use more than one frequency on HF to
exchange info between Dx and the other station, and report the info on LF
reflector, or on PCL.

     But we "...deaf..." ????  At us something with RX?? But I perfectly
     audible IK5ZPV in QRSS3 yesterday??
Change of ANT (earlier in the best way accepted 160m Q NE-SW) in anything
does not
result - audible only strange "sticks". I see just that not clear, besides
I start to understand that my ARGO in horizontal mode shows continuous
lines -
completely not such beautiful what I saw in Internet?? (any FAQ?)
73! Ed  RU6LA             mailto:[email protected]

The problem may be more than one, one may be that you have a big ERP, so all
the EU station was many dB lower than you, the 2500 Km medium distancy not
help the contact, the other EU spedion in Decca (G), and by OM2TW (OM), were
closed in central EU, so no problem also for receive little gun, but at 2500
and more Km is another history.
The other may be that you have some problem on RX front end, or with the SW,
may be a switching power supply generating noise , i have a IC 775 that is
not usable in lf for the second armonic of the PSU, i use it with an
external 12 Vcc traditional supply.
Many times i have tried to switch off all the equipment in my house to check
the noise level on lf.
About the software also i have had many problem to understand the correct
use of it, and setting the speed, the AF control, and others things, so i
suggest you to put out on air a little beacon, near the receiver connected
to the antenna, and try to receive in different condition, i have made the
same here.

So at the end of all, thank you very much for this interesting test, hope
for better results the next times.
Congratulations for the signal here, was very strong.

73 and GL de IK2DED Giulio.