LF: 1 Rus LF DX-pedition #3 (long)

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 1 Rus LF DX-pedition #3 (long)
From: "Ed Lesnichy" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:12:31 +0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello LF Group!

As has already received msg-accusations that I used forbidden KWs,
at  once  I  want  to  inform,  that  my PA (simple modified old lamp
PA type U-100 with 3x russian 6R3S Ua=550V - Ia~160..200mA in B1 class)
gave on an output resolved in Russia(100w output) 60-80 w - no more!
All business in very effective LF antenna! I think...
And very original propogation on LF also...

Last news (9z 2 apr):
- As someone has written "giant vertical" or "biggest HAM's LF
 antenna in world"(???) still hangs. I hope that so there will be
 some weeks
- I am engaged in restoration my damaged TS-850 (as appeared were
 damaged entrance selective L C - static or TX, I d't know (???)
- I make new 7th Order Band Pass Filter (Stop Band Attenuation ~60db)
- I assume, that our experiments will proceed some more weeks while the
 ANT (mainly on weekends) hangs
- we are make some alternative LF ANT

Below brief diary DX-pedition (29-31 mar), allowing to understand as
it passed and why it was not possible to make all and to give advice:
29 MAR
15z - RU6LA on Machta (so we name our QTH KN97LN)
18z - it is found out, that TX-part does not work (probably it was
 damaged by transportation or ... ;-)))
20z (00 local time) 29 mar - UA6LV & UA6LFQ also on Machta
 We make a decision, that Ed and Serge remain on the Mast for preparation
 of the equipment, and UA6LV goes to Dacha (~20km from KN97LN) to
 coordinate ours TX-signal on 136 and to work in WPX a little

30 MAR
Up to 20z we try to make RX/TX (in particular, it it is necessary to make of
improvised means(!) new 3rd order BP) and it is periodically made TX for UA6LV
and RA9MB after msg on Pager via e-mail) on 137.7
16z - at last we spend QSX QSO 137.7/1850 with UA6LV (our S 59+ !!), but RX
     on 137 still is not present ;-(((
20z We finish made new BP and it is on RX - LF has cardinally changed!
  And at once in 2020z confidently I accept IK5ZPV in QRSS3!!!! But again a
  problem with TX/ANT-part - we can not leave on TX ;-(((

31 MAR
Up to 10z it is restored all and we start to search (UA6LV) for correspondents
closer and it is regularly made CQ in CW - have heard only UU4JMG (~400km)
Pager is silent - probably nobody hears us??? ;-(((
Internet   is  not  present,  cellular  practically  does  not  work,
DX-cluster via PR is bad, unique reliable connection through Pager and
160/80m/VHF
15z - start QRSS1(!) on 137.7 - I see any a "stick" - I believe, that something
   no HAMs - again nobody hears it ?? ;-(((
16z - Reach msg through PR, that appears us hear in the Central Europe!!!
    But we "...deaf..." ????  At us something with RX?? But I perfectly
    audible IK5ZPV in QRSS3 yesterday??
Change of ANT (earlier in the best way accepted 160m Q NE-SW) in anything does
not
result - audible only strange "sticks". I see just that not clear, besides
I start to understand that my ARGO in horizontal mode shows continuous lines -
completely not such beautiful what I saw in Internet?? (any FAQ?)
20z(00 local time) - Comes UA6LV and together with UA6LFQ leave in Taganrog
   (tomorrow since morning for work), and I remain for finding - out of the
reason
   of absence RX
23z - On Pager there comes msg from Giri DK8KW about QSX (sri G3KEV which me
asked
     about it 28 mar), but UA6LV's Icom 775 I have not guessed to leave, and
with
     ones TS-850 it was inconvenient to alter switching ;-(((
00z - Weakened I lie down to sleep, though now I understand, that it was
necessary
    to make QRSS up to 4..6z and to give ANN in Cluster for NA ;-(((

Yesterday spoke on cellular with Alex RV6LNA (ours life members - he and Vic
UA6LO
now in A61). They will try something to make on LF of the equipment and ANT.
But at
them now problems with use calls A61AO or A61AR. Who can help them with it?

73! Ed  RU6LA             mailto:[email protected]