Re: LF: Soundcard Mods

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Soundcard Mods
From: "Jay Rusgrove" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:42:43 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy

I would be interested in your findings on locking the sound card to a master
reference. All of the receiving and transmitting stuff here is tied to GPS so
the
sound card is the weak link in the system.

Jay Rusgrove, W1VD

Talbot Andrew wrote:

Thanks for all your responses on Soundcard mods.  There seem to be so many
variations, the easist way, the route we'll probably follow, is to get a
separate data collection card rather than trying to bodge an S/B.  Possibly
the National Instruments one as their products have been used before here.
Unfortunately, it does mean new software will have to be written rather than
being able to call on the old Soundcard stuff.........

However, will look at my PCI bus true Soundblaster compatible at home and
see how easy it would be to modify for external clock.  It would be nice to
be able to lock that to the master reference and have an exact 8000 or 11025
Hz sampling rate.

Andy  G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.