Re: LF: Jason Test

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason Test
From: "Martin Charman" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:11:20 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Walter,

Received last nights'  2W tests 100% using my special 12 inch piece of wire fed
into a deaf IC756 through 300 feet of coax complete with no pre-amp or
pre-selection.  This plus my 166MHz PC must be more difficult than Holland or
Germany :-)

73 Martin
G4FKK

Carshalton Surrey.

Walter Blanchard <[email protected]> 24 January 2002 11:15:21 >>>
I have my 2w pipsqueak running Jason successfully and would like to try it out on air.

Recent results with Jason indicate that it should be possible for my radiated 20 mW to reach Holland and Germany but it will be well below noise even on Argo/Spectran and only found by precise frequency setting clear of QRM.

Is there a frequency that has some chance of being heard outside the UK and does not compete with the high-power lads?
Possibly 137 100  or so?  Does this avoid the Loran lines in Germany?

Sorry to disappoint you, Mal, no kilowatts here in spite of being south of the Thames!

Walter G3JKV.