Re: LF: G0MRF/SM6LKM DDS VFO and Jason

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G0MRF/SM6LKM DDS VFO and Jason
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:38:38 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>

David et all:

The latest QST has
another DDS design with 1 Hz steps that are not quite 1 Hz really, rather
sad to see the impact of thinking that can only cope with 1 Hz increments hi.

and

I checked with the author of the QST article, as it wasn't clear what the DDS could do. I received a reply that said you need a diferent code for the MPU for each band you wish to cover.
Not a very versatile product.

I have often wondered what many of the QST articles are that look like that article. I suspect that many of them are Masters Engineering program projects. So often I see this type of article and I have a feeling that the author is not really current in what is going on of just doesn't care.

Just my opinion of course.

Larry
VA3LK