Re: LF: G0MRF/SM6LKM DDS VFO and Jason

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: G0MRF/SM6LKM DDS VFO and Jason
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 17:29:27 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Andy,

>If we all clock our DDS chips with 5 or 10MHz from frequency standards, we
>will have common "channels" although the numbers will not be nice (a lot of

This is too prescriptive.

Yes, of course. It was just a thought, not a proposal. I was just dreaming.
A clear case of the proverb "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people
think that you are an idiot that to open it and prove that you are one" :-)
I am not so good at translating my thoughts to english language...

For instance, I am looking at a simple GPS locking scheme

Sounds interesting. Is it some kind of huff & puff? Would a simple GPS with
+/-1us 1PPS jitter be adequate?

BTW, What's MPH in Sweden - or any other country outside the US/UK for that
matter ;-)

Ha ha! I knew someone would ask! By the way, we drive on the right side of the
road here. In some other countries they drive on the wrong side ;-)

73
Johan SM6LKM