LF: Re: long haul QSO's

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: long haul QSO's
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:09:27 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
It's code is as good as anything, at least to start with !
I've started writing the software to drive the DDS based transmitter for
this mode, just a straightforward case of adapting my SMT Hell code, bit
timing and frequency spacing can be set arbitrarily.  The most difficult
part of writing this will be parsing the input string of ASCII characters to
generate the 'special' report codes.  I may just cheat and use some unused
ASCII characters but it would be nice to properly translate appropriately
placed 'T / M / O' 'K' 'SK' and 'CQ' entries.

There will be a delay of a few days before I can transmit anything,  I'm in
the midde of some low power, coherent, GPS locked signalling tests on LF at
the moment.

Suggest people start learning the code at the moment.  Reading this at 6
words per hour without resorting to a printed lookup table could be an
alternative to the Muss code test for upgrading to a class A licence !

Andy  G4JNT

------------

For example (1 = lowest tone .. 7 = highest tone) :
A = 11  H = 21  O = 31  V = 41  0 = 51  7 = 61  space   = 71
B = 12  I = 22  P = 32  W = 42  1 = 52  8 = 62  report 'O'      = 72
C = 13  J = 23  Q = 33  X = 43  2 = 53  9 = 63  report 'M'      = 73
D = 14  K = 24  R = 34  Y = 44  3 = 54                  report 'T'      = 74
E = 15  L = 25  S = 35  Z = 45  4 = 55                  'CQ'            = 75
F = 16  M = 26  T = 36                  5 = 56  / = 66  final 'K'       = 76
G = 17  N = 27  U = 37                  6 = 57  ? = 67  final 'SK'      = 77

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.