LF: Re: long haul QSO's

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: long haul QSO's
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:49:33 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Bob Eldridge wrote:

Using an old Netscape I have been in the habit of not typing either the http
or the www, assuming the software fills in those prefixes. Have I been
missing something?

Bob VE7BS

Yes, Netscape tries, when otherwise unable to resolve the address, to add
a www. in front of the URL. This consumes some time, but the point is another.
Unless you use the latest Outlook, as Dave Pick has pointed out, you have to
copy-and-paste the URL into the address bar of the browser, unless it is a
live link, in which case you just single-click over it, and a browser window is
opened for that URL. To make it a live link, you need the full URL, complete
with the initial http. At least this is true with Netscape 4.76, the version I
am
using.
But all this is utterly off topic, so let's stop here (and I am the culprit,
having
started the sub-thread...)

73  Alberto  I2PHD