LF: Fw: Virus Alert!

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Fw: Virus Alert!
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 18:54:46 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

-Subject: Fw: Virus Alert!
-
I have received an email saying that I might have a virus that is spread from address book to address book. It is apparently undetectable by Norton
and McAfee.  It remains dormant for about 14 days then activates and wipes
out the hard drive data.  I checked my hard drive, located the virus and
successfully deleted it. Since you are in my address book, you may like to do the same.

1. Go to 'start' - then to 'find' or 'search' depending on your computer.

2. In the 'search for files or folders' type in sulfnbk.exe - this is the virus.

3. In the 'look in' make sure you are searching Drive C.
4. Hit 'search' button or 'find'.
5. If this file shows up (it is an ugly blackish icon that will have the name 'sulfnbk.exe') - DO NOT OPEN IT.
6. RIGHT click on the file - go to 'Delete' and LEFT click.
7.  It will ask whether you wish to send it to the recycle bin, say 'Yes'.

8.  Go to Windows Explorer or wherever you display your Recycle Bin
and double click on it.
9 .RIGHT click on 'sulfnbk.exe' and delete again or empty the bin. If you do find it, send this email to all in your address book,  because that is how it is transferred.  Sorry about this.