Re: Re: LF: ZL DX testing 22 September

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: LF: ZL DX testing 22 September
From: "John Sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:41:33 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Bob, Jim and the LF Group,

Kaliningrad on 171 kHz was coming in loud and clear this evening and closed at
their local midnight (20.00 UTC) with the old Soviet Anthem rather
surprisingly, - still it is a naval base. There was still a carrier after this
time, probably Lvov or Osipivichy, since I could just make out a slavonic
language, which sounded more like Bielo Russian than Ukrainian.

I can also see a carrier on 171.875, which is a TV line oscillator harmonic.

Allouis on 162 spreads up to about 166 kHz.
The quietest part of the ZL band (165 - 190) appears to be the 3kHz from 166
-169 kHz.
73, John, G4CNN

PS apologies to Jim for sending a direct copy as well, my alternative e-mail
provider (Go.com) does the opposite to Excite and automatically fills in the
originator's email rather than the reflector. I had pressed the send button
before I realised and then had to retype it from memory, :-(!