Re: LF: Transmitting tests on 137.790

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Transmitting tests on 137.790
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:40:48 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Peter:

In the UK there is a legal requirement for an amateur radio transmission
be regularly identified with a callsign.
I guess it must be different in Canada

Interesting, we have a similar requirement.  I told the computer how to do
it once, and I suspect it has not forgotten how to do it.  At 50 WPM or
faster, I forget what speed I told it to do the ID, it gets done quickly
when needed.  I am not sure if our Radio Inspectors have to know Morse any
more so it might be a waste of time, but since only the Radio Inspector and
I have to agree that it is done I am surprised the subject is of issue here.
If I crank the speed up high enough it wont bother the DSP any........

That should ensure a wide audience!

The goal is not a wide audience!  The goal is a two way LF QSO over the
North Atlantic.  A new train had left the station, some will jump on board,
some will choose not to jump on board, some wont know the train has left and
they will never find out.

Time is however of the essence and I have not yet heard a European signal
across the North Atlantic and that has to change.....  Back to work

Larry
VA3LK