Re: LF: Dipole antenna at LF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Dipole antenna at LF
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:00:02
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Larry,

interesting. Especially as some of us recently experienced that wet stuff
absorbs a lot of RF.
What frequencies were used at MF ?

73, Rik  ON7YD

At 09:31 18/01/01 -0500, you wrote:
Greetings Rik and Andy:

Many years ago I did read somwhere an article about
horizontal dipoles used in the desert that were just laying on the sand.

I hope this relates, but we used to lay MF and HF antennas on the surface of
the snow or even ice in the Canadian Arctic.  When we started it was a big
deal to use some poles about 5 or 6 ft long to support the antennas, then we
noticed it did not mater (when they fell down) so we just let the wire lay
on the surface.

Larry
VA3LK