LF: Re: Larry 19th/20th

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Larry 19th/20th
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 08:39:43 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan:

Hi all, I have now had time to reassess my captured files for the Fri/Sat
on
137.790. After allowing for the calibration error I now recognise that I
had
a good clear signal from Larry around midnight to 0100z .

Great.

The screen width at 30sec dots is about 17minutes. I ran out of
disc space last night after saving 300 jpg files!

OOOPS!, if you set the save window at say 1020 seconds (17 minutes) then you
should get for .jpg's per hour or so, and 32 in a night.....What am I
suggesting that is not possible?

My feeling is that I would have copied a signal at 10 sec dot mode on both
nights.

Well one of the things I love about software is the one or two byte change,
a fast recompile and off we go in the new direction.  If there is a
consensus to have 30 second bits that can be arranged, we have the
technology.....

LF continues to be packed with interest, which is a great thing for the
Centenary of the first radio crossing of the 'pond'....thanks all.

Yes it is.

For me, I am still keen to find out what time VA3LK fades IN each afternoon
and fades OUT each morning and I see Andy is going to address that today.

Larry
VA3LK

PS Alan, welcome back!