Re: LF: Larry 19th/20th

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Larry 19th/20th
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 15:55:01 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan Melia wrote:

[snip]
I am however finding some problems with the autosave on Argo. (Sorry
Alberto, would normally have sent this direct but I havent resurrected my
address-book yet.) I find the timed capture is capturing the displayed
screen rather than the application window.....the later may not be possible
when there is another application over the top.....but I think it is done in
the program '2020'.  The second point is that on 30sec dot mode the save
seems to be about every couple of minutes which means that there is a vast
overlap. The screen width at 30sec dots is about 17minutes. I ran out of
disc space last night after saving 300 jpg files!
[snip]

Alan, yes, I know of that problem. I had the choice between capturing only the
spectrogram window, and doing this it would have been captured correctly even
if covered by another window, or capture the entire application windows, with
the
consequent problem you mention. I chose this second route, to keep in the
captured
image also the addiotional info displayed outside the spectrogram area.
I will investigate if there is the technical possibility to capture an entire
window
even
if covered by some other application.

About the second point you mention, are you meaning that even if you set the
capture
interval to, say, 900 seconds, i.e. 15 minutes, the screen gets captured every
couple
of minutes ? If so, it is a bug. How did you set that interval ?

73   Alberto    I2PHD