LF: Re. LF Interference reduction

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re. LF Interference reduction
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:48:40 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Robin.
I am currently using large grounded loops based on the "EWE" antenna in
order to null out interference from Loran which is very strong here.These
ants. can be regarded as phased verticals and therefore resemble Adcock DF
ants although without the Goniometer.I am getting up to 30db in the null
directions as well as up to 3db reduction in general noise pick up due to
their directivity.So I can highly recomend them, however you do need a bit
of real estate! my loops are 300 feet long,and I belive 200 feet to be the
minimum usable length on 136.If you would like details of these ants I would
be happy to send you a short resume. 73s Laurie.