LF: New transmission scheme?

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: New transmission scheme?
From: "Les Rayburn" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 08:29:05 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>

Larry,

Copied your signal here last night Q5 on LF. It appears that you have switched to the "two tone" system of modulation? On Spectran it appeared to be overlapping characters,
perhaps 1 or 2 hz apart.

Signals were not quiet as strong as observed a week ago when I check your signal last...
but I see where you were picked up well in Europe.

Are you able to receive the European LF hams very well at your location? Dexter in
North Carolina logged his second European ham last night on QRSS...but he
is right by the coast in a good low noise location.

So far, I have only been able to receive your beacon and the AMRAD beacon...nothing
yet from across the pond.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
4919 Cox Cove
Helena, AL 35080