Re: LF: RE: Freq stability

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Freq stability
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:15:32 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G4JNT wrote:
QRSS ( 'SLOWCW', why invent meaningless Q codes for the sake of it)

As the 'inventor' of this term, I feel some explanation is called for. 'Slow CW' has tended to mean a few words per minute as used for Morse practice. We used to say 'extremely slow CW' which was rather long. The QRP people use QRPP for extremely low power, so QRSS was suggested to make the term shorter. More recently, it has come to mean linear Morse rather than the split frequency form (such as DFCW), and the term VCW - visual CW - was suggested by ON7YD to cover all types of Morse decoded by eye.

In any case, use whatever term is the most useful so long as it is not ambiguous.

73

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net